POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: General qualities of the logo. : Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo. Server Time
30 Apr 2024 19:36:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo.
From: Rune
Date: 2 May 2000 13:30:58
Message: <390f10d2@news.povray.org>
"Ken" wrote:
> Do not attempt to define what a logo is
> or is not. Let the person submitting the
> logo to the competition define that for
> themselves.
>
> Those of you wanting to submit simple
> logos do so.
>
> Those of you wanting to submit complex
> logos do so.
>
> It should not be up to the organizers to
> make decisions like this.

I don't think so.

Would you submit a hand drawn image for the IRTC ? No.
But what if was a really really nice hand drawn image?
No, it wouldn't be accepted because the IRTC is for rendered images only.

Likewise in the logo contest; it is for logos only. A logo is not just a
word that can mean anything we want it to mean. All the experts agree that a
good logo is a simple piece of 2D graphics consisting of a few colors only,
and it must work in just black and white too. Since we want to find a good
logo for POV-Ray, the submitted logos should follow these criteria.

The logo can be *presented* in all kinds of ways, detailed or undetailed,
with many colors or not, 2D or 3D, with special effects or not, but the logo
*itself* should be simple as stated above.

A good page about how to make good logos:
http://www.turtlesweb.com/articles/logo.html

I really recommend that page!

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,